Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Proust Questionnaire.

I love the Proust Questionnaire. And frankly, it's one of the best parts of Vanity Fair.

***

What is your current state of mind?
Quirky and creative.


What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Being surrounded by people I love, in a place I love.


What is your greatest fear?

Failure. Not doing something extraordinary with my life.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Personality: I'm "The Sassy One."

Appearance: Lots of accessories. Lots of black.


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Laziness.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Ignorance and hypocrisy.

What is your greatest extravagance?

Shopping. Eating out. Wine and gin.


What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Reason. What fun is life if it's always lived sensibly?


On what occasion do you lie?

When sparing someone's feelings is more important than the truth.


What do you most dislike about your appearance?
How small my lips are.


What is the quality you most like in a man?

Sense of humor, confidence, and spontaneity.


What is the quality you most like in a woman?

Sense of humor, confidence, and spontaneity.

What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty, creativity, and the ability to laugh at themselves.

Which talent would you most like to have?
Musical ability. I would love to to be able to sing really well, as well as play the guitar and piano.

Where would you most like to live?
Right now, I'd give anything to be back in New York.
But actually I don't like to stay in one place for too long.

Who are your favorite prose writers?
Fitzgerald, Salinger, Kerouac, & T Williams.

Who are your favorite poets?
Shakespeare, Cummings, Bukowski, Whitman, and Neruda.


Who are your favorite heros of fiction?
Holden Caulfied, Rick Blaine, and Hamlet.

Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Penny Lane, Daisy Buchanan, Holly Golightly, and Franny Glass.


Who are your heroes in real life?
Anyone who lives ferociously with passion, obsession, and enthusiasm.
And of course, my mom and dad.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Zelda Fitzgerald and Edie Sedgwick.


If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I'd probably come back as one of the Kate's: Moss or Winslet.
Or a peacock.


What is your most treasured possession?

A gold and ruby ring that my grandma bought in the 30s.


What or who is the greatest love of your life?
In the end, I think all we have is family.
And the true loves of my life are the friends that turn into family.


What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I'd like to think my greatest achievement is yet to come.

When and where were you happiest?

I think this last year may have been the happiest time of my life.

Seattle for the Summer, London for the Fall, New York in the Spring.

Surrounded by people I love, in places I love, doing what I love.


What is it that you most dislike?
Being told how to live my life.


How would you like to die?

With no regrets.


What is your motto?

Make & break the rules for your own life.


No comments: